It is that time of year! Time for outdoor activities, basking in the sun, lying by the pool, grilling, and eating outdoors. I love it all!
What do you do to get your outdoor areas summer ready? At our house, we do the following:
- Power wash the entire back patio and pool area. Six hours later, it looks spic and span!
- Plant pots and place around the deck. We put these on drip lines so that we don’t have to water as much.
- Put a metal rolling cart on the porch. It is a perfect landing spot for a pitcher of lemonade, ice bucket filled with bottles of water, bottle opener, cocktail napkins, nuts and olives, dry towels, acrylic drinkware, etc. It also works well next to the outdoor dining table as a way to bring out and remove dishes and platters.
- Clean and blow up my two-person pink flamingo floatie!
- Repaint any planters or iron planters that need refreshing.
- Inspect the grill and replace anything that is worn. I replace my grill tools and make sure the propane tanks are full. This is also a good time to buy a new grate for the grill.
- Repair or buy new umbrellas.
- Clean cushions and pillows for chairs and loungers.
- Replace candles and light bulbs. Get new solar lights.
- Put out any yard art. Although I am not a big fan of set-abouts inside or out, I do have a glass reflecting ball that I put out in the summer.
Now is the time to enjoy the great outdoors. Get your patio clean and decorated and enjoy your outdoor living space!