Well, it is that time of year again! We all tend to feel stressed to bake goodies, find great gifts, and show up for every party invitation. Although it can be fun, it can also be overwhelming.
Just a reminder to set a budget for holiday spending and not exceed it! Creativity is free and makes for the best gifts. It is the last-minute desperation that tends to lead to overspending.
Buying gifts for young people is pretty easy. They are usually willing to tell you what they want. It is gift-giving among adults that can be more challenging.
For those recipients who have everything, plan an experience. Tickets to a play or symphony concert. Schedule facials together or a day of shopping. For my friends and me, we never seem to have enough time to spend together. Setting aside time to be together is a wonderful gift no matter what you are doing.
Gifts are just a token of friendship and love. For those individuals that you really want to buy something for, think of something you have heard them say they would like or find something that signifies a special memory but keep in mind their situation. A person facing a downsizing in their living situation probably doesn’t need anything other than boxes and help.
As I have written for every gift-giving occasion, a disposable gift (food, candle, play or concert tickets, magazine subscription, i.e. things that get used up) is usually best for adults. Most adults don’t need any additional items to clean, maintain or put on a shelf.
Of course, it might be nice for you and your friends to adopt a family in need, giving to the family in honor of each other. That would be a gift that really meant something and could change a life.
If you want to check out my previous post which included 10 gift ideas, then click here.
Some additional ideas are:
- Warm wool socks…the kind with the grippers on the bottom for the recipient to wear around the house.
- A photo book of the recipient and you.
- A photo/recipe book for a family member.
- Book of the month, wine of the month, cheese of the month, flower of the month…something that can be enjoyed even after the holidays.
- A piece of art that holds a special memory. Etsy offers lots of great artists willing to paint a pet, family or child from a photo. Better yet, find a local artist or college art student that paints.
- Food kit subscription such as Blue Apron or HelloFresh.
- A personalized stationery wardrobe from Crane Papers or American Stationery or a local stationary shop.
- A pancake kit or snack basket from Stonewall Kitchen or local kitchen store.
- How about something unusual such as a gift from the Grommet catalog.
- A monogrammed lucite serving tray with matching drinkware from Mark and Graham.
- A personalized weekender bag for all the upcoming getaways.
- An embossed leather notepad holder. One to accommodate an 8 x 12 pad of paper on the desk or at meetings or a small one to fit in a purse or jacket pocket.
- Something engraved to commemorate a recent or upcoming accomplishment, like a crystal box with a silver plate on top.
- A vintage book of the type the recipient enjoys reading, like an old Agatha Christie for the mystery lover or an original Julia Child’s cookbook for the cooking enthusiast. Maybe an autographed copy, if available.
- A really good desk lamp, reading lamp or sewing light. There are so many advances in lighting technology that a new LED or true color lamp would be perfect!
- Engraved or personalized jewelry.
- A nice, sturdy umbrella.
- A leather jewelry box.
- A wooden valet.
- And the most important part of any gift…a handwritten message with a heartfelt sentiment. A simple signature is not sufficient.
Try not to stress! Start making plans now so that when Christmas actually rolls around you can enjoy friends and family rather than spending time at the mall!
And away we go!
Michele Design Works Products: https://amzn.to/3DfUPDC
Wool socks with grips: https://amzn.to/3FfoywU
Customized leather portfolio: https://amzn.to/3HgtaoB
Customized glass box: https://amzn.to/3naLcR2
Ott light desk lamp: https://amzn.to/3ooLi6R
Personalized jewelry: https://amzn.to/3HkWgmz, https://amzn.to/3kC4xZM, https://amzn.to/3FjUyjL, https://amzn.to/3wKUuWZ
Personalized cuff links: https://amzn.to/3ooLkvv
Sturdy umbrella: https://amzn.to/3wJ3Gew, https://amzn.to/30k1D4D
Leather jewelry box: https://amzn.to/3CdWvvW
Wooden valet: https://amzn.to/3wLCLyx
Visit me at:
YouTube: Kayla Price – YouTube
All items have been purchased and paid for by me. I am including these links for your convenience to find products mentioned. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This does not increase the price you pay. Any earnings will help me to support and improve my channel.